During 1957, the Arundel Yacht Club leased the Agnew property on the Kennebunkport side of the Kennebunk River. It used this dock until the winter of 1958-1959 when it signed a three-year lease agreement for the Ropewalk, which was owned by Harrison Fuller. At that time, the building was perpendicular to the river and produced rope. Over the next few years, the club made many improvements to the building and rest rooms, including a kitchen and new pier. After purchasing the building it was turned and moved to its present location.
Our members volunteer to help with the upkeep and repairs needed to keep our historic building and grounds safe, functional and a wonderful place to enjoy family, friends and fellow members.