Welcome to the AYC
Founded in 1957, the AYC is a working club based on volunteer activity. Our mission is the enjoyment of boating, waterfront activities, and social events with fellow members in an informal setting. All members are encouraged to participate. Enjoy your cruise around our recently updated site!
Board & Committees
Board of Governors
Commodore Anita Carroll firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice Commodore Anne Hussey email@example.com
Rear Commodore Matthew Tuller firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer Bob Scribner email@example.com
Secretary Kathy Hussey firstname.lastname@example.org
Clerk Durward Parkinson email@example.com
Board Members at Large (3 year terms)
2025 Susan Graesser
2025 Jackie Teguis
2024 David Bois (ex officio)
2024 Rob Benson
2023 Mark Sutton
Communications Susan Benson firstname.lastname@example.org
Club Rentals Jane Hecker-Cain email@example.com
Finance/Memorial Fund Bob Scribner
Historian Debbie Tuller
House/Building Mark Sutton
Long Range Planning David Bois
Membership Jackie Teguis firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominating David Bois
Sailing (Jr., Racing & Cruising) Anne Hussey email@example.com
Club Manager David Higham
mobile 207-292-1678 firstname.lastname@example.org
Cruising & Racing
Whether we're out for a day of cruising with friends, motoring to Stage Island for beach golf and a picnic or racing against other sailors, we all enjoy our times on the water!
Please watch our calendar for upcoming events. Also, keep in touch with fellow members for more spontaneous boating opportunities. Maybe a summer evening sail, a lazy river cruise or some weeknight adult sailing will come your way!
And don't forget our annual Boon Island and Founders Day Races are open to AYC members and non-members alike.
Check out the details at Sailing Programs & Races !
During 1957, the Arundel Yacht Club leased the Agnew property on the Kennebunkport side of the Kennebunk River. It used this dock until the winter of 1958-1959 when it signed a three-year lease agreement for the Ropewalk, which was owned by Harrison Fuller. At that time, the building was perpendicular to the river and produced rope. Over the next few years, the club made many improvements to the building and rest rooms, including a kitchen and new pier. After purchasing the building it was turned and moved to its present location.
Our members volunteer to help with the upkeep and repairs needed to keep our historic building and grounds safe, functional and a wonderful place to enjoy family, friends and fellow members.
We love our location on the Kennebunk River. It offers us wonderful recreational options and an ever changing scene from the Ropewalk deck and docks. Whether we're enjoying a day with family and friends cruising, fishing, kayaking or motoring upriver, we are all grateful to our Founding Members for this very special place.